We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we’re looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title
Lead Analytical Engineer – Electrical Systems
Job Description Summary
We are searching for a Lead CAE Engineer to contribute to our e-Drive system team within our Driveline organization. This role will act within the team as the CAE expert focused on traction motors and power electronics design and development
- Lead & coordinate CAE execution of electric machine and power electronics designs for Hybrid & Electric Vehicle programs.
- Establish state-of-the-art simulation methods and tools to develop efficient, power dense and cost-effective traction motors and power electronics.
- Use simulation tools to analyze and optimize the traction motor design for electro-magnetic performance given the package, NVH, Thermal and Structural constraints.
- Establish and improve analysis tools for traction motor and power inverter sub-components, including but not limited to magnet wires, insulation paper, steel lamination, magnets, seals, and bearings.
- Create and analyze technical interfaces such as between eMachine HW and power inverter HW, between eMachine HW and motor drive SW.
- Create and maintain ADVP&Rs for multiple programs. Coordinate CAE activities within simulation groups and regions to deliver CAE results and program-level statuses to internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with the Systems, Controls and Advanced Engineering teams to lead the simulation activities needed for the development of standard platform solutions.
- Continuous improvement of test-analysis correlation to improve analysis fidelity Document CAE methods and train other analysts in the department.
- Enhance CAE procedures and tie them to other engineering and corporate processes working with other PE departments.
- Communicate analysis results to Managers and Directors; Ensure design meets targets, review, and critique analysis results.
Required Skills and Education
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering; PHD in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 7+ years of automotive traction motor and power electronics CAE experience. (waived for WEMPEC students)
- Expertise in using Ansys Maxwell, MotorCAD, Matlab, Simulink, Q3D, Twin-builder, Icepak (or equivalent) tools