Short Course – Analysis of Transients in Power Systems
October 15 - October 19
Learn to predict the outcome of transient events on power systems. Construct model power systems, apply transient events, and analyze the power system effects. Design mitigation options and compare effectiveness of the options.
If you are familiar with power systems, you will benefit. The case study approach introduces the various families of transients. It will also develop an in-depth understanding of the phenomenon. If you have a more detailed transients background, you will expand your knowledge. Participate in exercises using the tool EMTP-RV. We will provide classroom computers. Attendees will receive time-limited access to the current version of EMTP-RV.
- Introduction to the modeling tools for power systems analysis
- Introduction to EMTP-RV using example case studies
- Power system stability studies and electromechanical oscillations
- Insulation coordination of a 230 kV transmission system
- Analysis of unbalanced systems
- HVDC systems
- Renewable energy studies
- Statistical and parametric studies
Prior experience with EMTP is not required.