Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Design Boot Camp
June 28 @ 8:00 am
Upon completing this course, you will understand:
- Hybridization levels and types (micro, mild, full, plug-in, and extended range hybrid vehicles, and battery electric vehicle)
- Driving cycles and fuel economy test methods
- Traction motor and generator choices and pro’s and con’s
- Critical concepts such as field weakening and fault tolerance
- Traction drive power electronics and dc/dc converters
- Batteries and supercapacitors for traction applications
- Battery management and battery-charging systems including wireless charging
- Vehicle dynamics, driving cycles, and torque and power performance requirements
- Subjects such as new wide bandgap switching devices (SiC and GaN) for traction applications
- Turbo and super charging using electric motors
Who Should Attend?
This course will be valuable if you are an engineer involved in designing, developing, specifying, and testing hybrid and electric vehicle systems.