- This event has passed.
Dynamics and Control of AC Drives
August 22, 2022 @ 8:00 am - August 26, 2022 @ 2:30 pm
Apply your fundamental knowledge of power conversion and AC machine theory to learn new skills that will make you more effective on the job.
This course will teach you:
- The principles of modern AC drives, including PM, induction PM, and reluctance machines
- The modes of interaction between ac motors and power conversion systems, including dynamic stability issues
- How to control ac machines, including the principles of field orientation and direct torque control
- How to model and simulate ac motor/drive systems
- How to use modern control theory to design controllers that minimize or eliminate dynamic interactions in drive systems
- The performance of sensorless control methods for ac drives
- The causes and mitigation of drive-induced machine bearing currents and insulation stress
- The operation and control of regenerative drives and converters