An Applications Engineer’s responsibilities include debugging analog IC products, developing reference circuits, writing datasheets and application/design notes, and providing application support and technical training. They work with Design Engineers, Field Applications Engineers, and Marketing to define and debug analog/digital IC products.
- Work with TMEs, IC designers, packaging, and field team to define innovative products for high power markets.
- Work with customers on system designs with existing products or developing new products.
- Provide application support and technical training for key customers and field application engineers
- Write datasheets, application notes, design notes.
- BSEE or equivalent;
- Hands on experience with power electronics hardware implementation and testing;
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools;
- Experience with high power systems (traction inverter, industrial drive, on board charger, UPS, etc.) is desired;
- Experience with EMI/EMC testing and debug is preferred;
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills;